Movable June Events
• National Child's Day (first Monday in June) pp - Children's Day celebrated in many eastern European countries including Poland, Slovakia, Romania as well as China and other countries throughout the world.
• Flag Day, and National Flag Week (June 14 and week thereof) pp • Father's Day: In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson made Father's Day a holiday to be celebrated on the third Sunday of June in the US. Note: Other countries also celebrate Fathers Day that may be celebrated on different dates. pp - Father's Day (in Belgium on the second Sunday in June) (in the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Venezuela, the Netherlands, Ireland and Canada on the third Sunday in June)
• United Kingdom – Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
• Mother's Day (in Luxembourg on the second Sunday in June)
• Midsummer is celebrated in Finland and Sweden on the third Friday in June.
• Gay pride celebrations take place in many countries in honour of the Stonewall riots.
• The majority of the Portland Rose Festival occurs.
• The first Monday in June is one of the public holidays in the Republic of Ireland; in the Irish Calendar the month is called Meitheamh and is the middle month of the summer season. Secondary schools are off during the month (and also July and August), while June is the last month in primary schools.
• The second Sunday in June is Canadian Rivers Day.